Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: New Format for Regional Hosting...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner jacksfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2003
    Posts
    217
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation New Format for Regional Hosting...

    NCAA Announces Championship Site Procedure Change

    02-10-2009 |

    INDIANAPOLIS-The NCAA has announced a change in its format for all NCAA, Division II post-season tournaments, including basketball, effective immediately.
    If all seven non-host schools would be required to fly to the host site (for example to Hawaii or Alaska), the eight-team regionals would be broken down into two four-team tournaments at separate sites.

    The basketball tournaments would be held on Friday, March 13 and Saturday, March 14. The two winners would then advance to the regional championship game on Tuesday, March 17 at the site of the highest remaining seed.

    Currently, Brigham Young-Hawaii is the No. 1 ranked team in the men's West Regional. If the Seasiders remain in the No. 1 slot and no other Hawaii team qualified, the four-team format would be adopted.

    Alaska-Anchorage is currently the top seed on the women's side and if it maintains that ranking, it would host one four-team tournament with the second four-team tournament hosted by the No. 2 ranked team, subject to bid approval by the NCAA.
    [I][B]"It's cute how they have Pack the Gym night. Up here, we just call that Saturday."[/B] - PosseBoy[/I]
    [B][I] "(Humboldt) is a college basketball atmosphere."[/B] - Scott Mossman, GCU coach[/I]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Marauders's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2007
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New Format for Regional Hosting...

    Well, I'm sure BYU-H and Anchorage dislike this plan. And we certainly can't think it's too great as well, since it means we will never host an 8 team tourney unless sonoma, chico or SF are in it. But it does make sense in this hard economic climate.

    But I guess if you are the #1 seed, all you have to do is win your games and it doesn't make any difference to you.

    Probably good in the long run.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


jacks2